Where do we begin when we talk about self-awareness?
It’s one thing to say that I believe ___. Or I intend to ____.
It’s something else to know why. We need to know our bigger why.
Before we can put forth any sort of centering statement about our intention or our personal brand, we have to know our why. And that means getting to know ourselves, perhaps all over again.
Here are a few prompts:
- What is it about your work that brings you the most joy?
- What is the real problem you are solving?
- What are the feelings that rise when you think about the aspects of your work? Where do you feel both frustration and happiness?
- Think about your values. Do you see them fueling your work?
- Think about the last 1-3 months. Where have you been spending your time? Doing what? With whom? Are you satisfied with those choices?
- What excites you? What scares you?
- Where does your ego show up? How does it show up? Does it come at you like an inner critic? How does it hold you back?
The thing is, your business (your life and your work too) is about YOU. Your success rests on your awareness. Nothing is separate from us. When you understand that, you can set powerful boundaries and intentions and act from that place. And you master success.
Chrissie DiAngelus is the President & Founder of Art & Connections, a company that launches inspired, purpose-driven women creatives into higher levels of leadership and success. She blends business strategy, arts and a desire to serve into her offerings. Learn more about the company and about Chrissie. Interested in exploring how to work together? Contact Chrissie today.